Participating in the Young Agents Council can be a vital way for young producers to begin and maintain a successful career as an independent agent.
The South Dakota Young Agents Council (YAC) was founded as a way for agents under the age of 40 to break into a seemingly veteran industry. YAC members not only build strong and lasting friendships with their peers, but have the chance to enjoy an array of benefits, including:
- Statewide networking with other young professionals.
- Participation in charitable and social events.
- Strategic planning, personal growth, and leadership opportunities.
- Access to educational scholarships.
- Tools and resources to begin, or continue, a prosperous career.
By joining YAC, individuals become a part of a close-knit group that encourages young agents to:
- Stay informed of changes in the industry and understand how to implement these changes in the overall independent system.
- Enhance the image of the independent system and IIASD.
- Participate in activities, and become involved, to shape the future of the independent system and the association.
All IIASD members who are under 40 years of age are welcome and encouraged to join the Young Agents Council. There is no fee to participate.
Click below to be added to the Young Agents contact list.
I am extremely excited to announce that we have finally done it! Between young agent committees from SD, ND, WY and NE we have finally put together a Midwest Young Agent Conference! Obviously you can tell we are extremely excited for this opportunity to allow young agents from 11 states in the Midwest to mingle and associate with their peers from surrounding states. On top of that, we have landed a great speaker to showcase during our learning sessions, Brandie Hinen.
Young agent growth is the lifeblood of our industry and without investing in them we soon won’t have any left. I have been to similar conferences on a national level and found myself wishing I was talking with more young agents from the Midwest that go through the same things I do from day to day and now we have made that a reality! At this point we are thinking we have enough interest to do group transportation form Sioux Falls to Omaha and back.
This is an opportunity and any young agent will NOT want to miss and space is limited. Please mark your calendars and I can’t wait to see you all there!
To save your spot or request more information, email Ryan Karst at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the IIASD
office at 605-224-6234.